Wednesday, August 30, 2006

More Hit Batsmen Fireworks

Tampa manager Joe Maddon has accused Freddy Garcia of hitting Delmon Young on purpose. Maddon said:

It's obvious what they did. Nobody else needs to discipline us, we'll take care of that ourselves.
Maddon apparantely ordered reliever Ruddy Lugo to hit A.J. Pierzynski with a pitch in the eighth inning as retaliation of the incident. Young was the moron who through his bat at an umpire in a minor league game earlier this season.

Garcia had this to say:

I don't know that kid, and I don't really pay attention to all that stuff. I tried to pitch inside and, you know, I hit him. It's no big deal for me.
I don't know if Garcia hit Young on purpose, but I do know that Young deserves everything he has coming to him. Throwing his bat at an umpire was inexcusable, and I am sure it will come up again in the future. Maddon needs to grow a pair of stones and accept it for what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home